One of the things I love about having a student teacher is I get to see some of the new strategies being taught in college. Mr. Brace had the 1st grade group complete a retelling strategy called the Retelling Rope. They had to make their way through the rope by taking off different questions and retell and answer the questions for the story. This was a fun, new, and interactive way to get the 1st graders thinking about the story and a great way for Mr. Brace to check story comprehension. It’s nice for the kids to be able to get different instruction from another teacher to help accelerate them in their reading!
Welcome to Ms. Acuff's school blog!
- 21,941 hits
- 1st 1st grade 2nd 2nd grade 3rd 3rd grade 4th 4th grade 5th 5th grade activities All About All About books apps books bookstore CIM comparison comprehension conference conferences connections Cougar Club donation donations Donors Choose event events Flat Stanley fluency gift goals GRP Guided Reading Plus help how to ideas independent Interactive Writing Interventions that Work iPad Kdg Kindergarten Kindles labeling letter formation Linda Dorn list Lowell penguins Poem poems poetry re-read reading Reading Recovery reading response reading tips snakes step by step strategies student teacher summer Summer School technology transfer transferring knowledge UNI University of Northern Iowa Venn diagram word parts word work writing writing conferences YouTube
- Lowell Ice Bucket Challenge
- Drop In For The SUPER 2014-2015 Year!
- Water Ballooned For Academics
- Blends/Digraphs Books
- iPad Accommodations
- Donors Choose HELP! EXPIRING SOON!
- 2nd grade: Best Day Ever Personal Narrative
- 1st grade: Farm Life
- 2nd grade: Dinosaur Bone Extracting
- Kindergarten: Working with Sheep