One of the things I love about having a student teacher is I get to see some of the new strategies being taught in college. Mr. Brace had the 1st grade group complete a retelling strategy called the Retelling Rope. They had to make their way through the rope by taking off different questions and retell and answer the questions for the story. This was a fun, new, and interactive way to get the 1st graders thinking about the story and a great way for Mr. Brace to check story comprehension. It’s nice for the kids to be able to get different instruction from another teacher to help accelerate them in their reading!
Welcome to Ms. Acuff's school blog!
- 17,250 hits
- 1st 1st grade 2nd 2nd grade 3rd 3rd grade 4th 4th grade 5th 5th grade activities All About All About books apps books bookstore CIM comparison comprehension conference conferences connections Cougar Club Daniel donation Donors Choose events Flat Stanley fluency gift goals GRP Guided Reading Plus help how to ideas independent Interactive Writing Interventions that Work iPad JCCL Kdg Kindergarten Kindles labeling letter formation Linda Dorn list Music Video penguins poems poetry re-read reading Reading Recovery reading response reading tips sharing snakes strategies student teacher summer Summer School teachable moment technology thank you transfer transferring knowledge UNI University of Northern Iowa Venn diagram vocabulary word work writing writing conferences
- 2nd Grade: Surviving the Sonoran
- Kindergarten Group
- Kindergarten: Building a Strong Foundation
- 2nd Grade: Into The Sea
- Fluent Readers
- UNI Up-Close
- THANK YOU Donors Choose: Breathe Life Into Our Supplies Arrived!
- 4th Grade: Kindle Impact
- 2nd grade: Hands-On Learning with Butter
- 2nd Grade: Plants That Eat Bugs