One of the things I love about having a student teacher is I get to see some of the new strategies being taught in college. Mr. Brace had the 1st grade group complete a retelling strategy called the Retelling Rope. They had to make their way through the rope by taking off different questions and retell and answer the questions for the story. This was a fun, new, and interactive way to get the 1st graders thinking about the story and a great way for Mr. Brace to check story comprehension. It’s nice for the kids to be able to get different instruction from another teacher to help accelerate them in their reading!
Welcome to Ms. Acuff's school blog!
- 39,174 hits
- 1st 1st grade 2nd 2nd grade 3rd 3rd grade 4th 4th grade 5th 5th grade activities All About All About books apps book books bookstore CIM comparison comprehension conference conferences connections Cougar Club directionality donation Donors Choose event events Flat Stanley fluency gift goals graphic organizer GRP Guided Reading Plus help how to ideas Interactive Writing Interventions that Work iPad Kdg Kindergarten letter formation Linda Dorn list Lowell minerals National Geographic Kids poems poetry process re-read reading Reading Recovery reading response reading tips rocks snakes step by step strategies student teacher Summer School technology thank you transfer transferring knowledge UNI University of Northern Iowa Venn diagram word parts word work writing writing conferences
- 4th Grade: Mount Rushmore Timelines
- 2nd Grade: Story Comparisons
- 3rd Grade: Character Analysis
- 2nd Grade Writing Aloud & Guided Reading Plus: Snakes and Monkeys!
- Writing Boo-Boo’s
- 3rd Grade Stop Light Paragraphs
- Thanks, UNI COE!
- Fractured Fairy Tales For Days!
- 2 Points For…
- Seeds, Roots, Leaves, Flowers, Oh My!